Address: 3624 W. Vickery | Fort Worth, Texas 76107 | VIEW MAP
Let us not draw attention from law enforcement, public officials or the press to ourselves or the case. I don’t advertise, I don’t send solicitation letters and I try to keep my internet footprint as small as possible. I don’t tweet about my clients, brag on Facebook about trial results or release statements. All of this attracts attention. Attention is usually not good for you.
Do you know how magazines have the “Best Lawyers in Texas” issues and then have a list of a bunch of lawyers across the state? Did you know lawyers can pay to be in those magazines? It’s true. I get solicitations from them all the time.
I once knew this guy who got his wife and a couple of her friends to vote for him and he got elected as one of the best lawyers in Texas. I don’t think he has any idea what to do in a trial but he made the list.
It doesn’t help my clients to brag about past results. I was licensed in 1993 and have had over a hundred jury trials. I have been a prosecutor but am mostly a defense attorney. I’ve got licenses and diplomas and all kinds of certificates hanging on a wall in my office. My only promise is that I will fight for you.
Whether you’re driving home from work minding your own business, leaving a bar after a couple of drinks or trying to find a place to get rid of a hooker rolled up in a rug, here are some guidelines you should follow when you see flashing red and blue lights in your rearview mirror:
- Keep your insurance and registration current.
- Use your seatbelt and turn signal.
- Pull over as soon and as you safely can.
- Have a driver’s license.
- Assume everything you’re saying and doing is being recorded.
- Have an open container in the car.
- Have marijuana in the car.
- Have a marijuana smell in the car.
- Try to eat your baggie of meth.
- Consent to a search.
- Agree to field sobriety tests, especially the HGN.
(Following the officer’s pen with your eyes.)
- Consent to a blood draw.
- Yell out “Yeah I got weed bitch! I’m a drug dealer!” (Actual Quote from a Client)
- Admit anything. Anything!
- Lie about your name or birthday.
- Be rude.
- Lunge for your pistol.
As your lawyer, I promise I will never
- Give you up
- Let you down
- Run around and desert you
- Make you cry
- Say goodbye
- Tell a lie and hurt you